The Importance Of Peace Of Mind

Jo The Philosopher
Published on 23 Nov 2020 / In Entertainment

⁣If you like the content, please like and subscribe!
Email me at theakhtabweekly@gmail.com for topic suggestions!
Here are ways to support:
Blog: www.theakhtabweekly.com
Patreon: www.patreon.com/josiahakhtab
Paypal: www.paypal.me/josiahakhtab
If you like Horror and Dark Fantasy check out my novels:
The Jake Matthews Saga (Ascension): https://www.amazon.com/Jake-Matthews-Saga-Ascension/dp/1705344518/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=josiah+akhtab&qid=1578149035&sr=8-2
A Shot in the Dark (A Short Story Collection): https://www.amazon.com/Shot-Dark-Short-Story-Collection-ebook/dp/B08129HX7V/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=josiah+akhtab&qid=1578149258&sr=8-5
Confession: https://www.amazon.com/Confession-Josiah-Akhtab/dp/1480940127/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=josiah+akhtab&qid=1578149258&sr=8-3
Our Savage Melody (A Poetry Collection): https://www.amazon.com/Our-Savage-Melody-Poetry-Collection-ebook/dp/B08272QSS5/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=josiah+akhtab&qid=1578149258&sr=8-1
Twisted Fantasies (A Short Story Collection): https://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Fantasies-Short-Story-Collection-ebook/dp/B07D1YBP1R/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=josiah+akhtab&qid=1578149258&sr=8-4

sigma_sign
sigma_sign 2 months ago

I got the same vibe today. I will potentially have to deal with getting my overtime logged appropriately, and I was caught off guard yesterday. I wanted to keep my work hours within 40 but it is getting to be impossible. I was losing my peace of mind because I felt like I was guaranteed 40 hours a week. But after calming down, I realized the situation isn't nuked; I still am able to fulfill my goals, but I will have to take a few small steps and precautions to make sure I am getting paid properly.

This isn't something I saw coming, but if anyone finds this valuable: before you get into situation, keep your main goals in mind, and if your main goals are not being affected, don't worry. We will get disappointed about the methods, and there will always be debates on the best way to do a thing, but as long as you are on track to achieve whatever goal you have, don't get dismayed by one particular method failing.

Another thing; avoid people who claim they have the 'formula'. These people usually want you to go down a certain track and if you deviate they will tell you are not adequate or whatever. This mostly happened at my past sales job, but can be found anywhere, like religion. You get invested in the outcome, but they ball-and-chain you to a method that benefits them. When you find a better way for yourself, these people WILL try to disrupt your peace of mind. They will say that because you didn't go a certain route, you are not mature as a person. I have seen this so many times as a person that is motivated.
Do not let your motivation be abused, because that will be a constant disturbance of your peace of mind.

Jo The Philosopher
Jo The Philosopher 2 months ago

Couldn't have said it better myself.

sigma_sign
sigma_sign 2 months ago

@Jo The Philosopher: Just found out I don't have to work on holidays. Just sent an email with a portion of my contract. My working manager may not have meant anything wrong, but now they now know their boundaries. Peace of mind comes from establishing boundaries. If I have to throw up a contract, so be it. I don't personally like doing things like that, but it's what got to be done so they know what they can and can't get away with in the future.

Jo The Philosopher
Jo The Philosopher 2 months ago

@gbTheresa: Do what you must to protect your sanity. Not all money is good money.

Councilof1
Councilof1 2 months ago

Peace of mind is priceless.

Johnny_Cage
Johnny_Cage 2 months ago

Bruh, I hate working for Latinos/Hispanics; they're so arrogant and pig-headed. In my experience, most of them are on cocaine and other upper drugs like Adderall. Why do you think they're always tweaking out and obsessive about staying busy? They can kiss my ass, trying to get us to waste our time, energy, and peace of mind obsessing over some stupid pennie-ante bullshit. They have small, simple minds and massive egos.

Every race is people has its issues, these are just some of their issues. Also, they're some of the biggest, pathetic SIMPS and white knights, especially for White girls. "I got you mami" "waz good wit you mami". I'm glad a moved away from Florida, because that state is being flooded with Puerto Ricans and other Latinos; they're ruining the jobs and the peacefulness with their stupid music and constant fighting and drama.

Jo The Philosopher
Jo The Philosopher 2 months ago

Some of them are lunatics, I must admit.

sigma_sign
sigma_sign 2 months ago

There are pieces of crap everywhere. I don't like any simps because they are usually blue pill guys who have the power to change their environment and use their power to give other simps and women an over-inflated ego. A red pill comes around and it is red alert. Not needing validation? Weirdo. Not chasing women? Gay, or your penis doesn't work. Screw em.